- Read the job description in detail and identify phrases/concepts that are repeating –> these will most likely be key skills the hiring manager is looking for
- Read your own resume in detail before the interview –>find the experiences that align best with the key skills sought
- Have a written copy of your resume in front of you for all phone interviews –> underline in your resume all key skills you want to make sure you tell the recruiter/hiring manager
- Prepare how to summarize your experience in less than 5 minutes.
- Spend time at the company’s website –> make sure you know key products and key people
One more tip
Check out the interviewers LinkedIn page and read recommendations received (this tells you what other people value in the interviewer) and – more importantly – read the recommendations given (this tells you what the interviewer values in others).